Please meet this Saturday @ 11 am to help the Douse Family load their moving truck. 1371 Schwartz Rd, Centralia IL
E-NEWSLETTER FOR THE WEEK OF 09/22/22
Sundays9:00 am Sunday School
10:30 am Morning Worship
6:00 pm Bible Study
Wednesdays Morning Prayer: 6:00 am
Wednesday Night Programming
- 6:00 pm Parenting Group
- 6:00 pm AWANA Clubs
- 6:00 pm Youth Group
Greenview 101 Classes will be held the first 3 Sundays in October, immediately following Morning Service. Lunch and Childcare will be provided.
Type your new text here.
- This Sunday will be our last shared Morning Service with the Douse Family before they move to the Chicago area. Please come and shower the Douse Family with prayer as they embark on this new journey. Taco bar after service.
- Join us this Sunday for our third meeting of a 10 week Church-Wide Bible Study. Please see 'Greenview Groups' section for more information.
- Please see the "Community Life" section at the bottom of the Newsletter for info on upcoming Oil Belt events, upcoming local events and more.
- Child Discipleship Forum will be held in the conference room Thurs & Fri, September 22nd & 23rd.
- October 23rd is our Fall Extravaganza! Stay tuned for more information.
Last Week: Sunday, September 18th
Monthly Total Operating Costs: $33,000.00
August Giving: $27,611.63
August Average Attendance: 175
Now Accepting Applications for Children's Ministry Servant Leaders!
Call the Church or Email Pastor Sherri for more information
- AWANA meets Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm
- Meals provided
- Ages Pre-K thru 5th Grade
- Please make sure to register your child before they attend. Scan the QR code below to sign up.
- Follow the Greenview Kids Facebook page for weekly videos and other content to keep your kids busy and spiritually fit.
- Jr. High Youth Group meets Wednesday Nights 6-7:30 pm.
- 6th-8th Grade
- Meals provided
- See "Greenview Groups" for more information about the curriculum this group will be studying the next 10 weeks.
- Let's lift our Greenview and NHCS kids in prayer, as well as all the children of the community. May the Lord bless teachers, staff and parents to guide our kids and show them how to bear the image of Christ.
- We are heading into our 3rd week of a 10 Week Bible Study. This study covers topics surrounding body image, sexuality and pornography addiction. We invite everyone 6th grade and up to participate, as this is a very relative issue of our time for our young people.
- 9th Grade+ and adults meet Sunday nights in the worship center @ 6.
- Pastor Sherri Johnson will be leading childcare with Jr High assisting.
- 6th-8th Grade: Meeting Wednesday nights 6-7:30 pm.
- Curriculum Layout:
- Men & Youth Boys: Conqueror Series
- Women: Beautiful Lies
- Youth Girls: More Beautiful Than You Know
- LINKS FOR EACH CURRICULUM BELOW
- This group is held concurrently with AWANA & Youth Group (Wednesdays @ 6 pm).
- We invite parents to be a part of this special group that joins together to strengthen their families in Christ. Enjoy food & fellowship.
- This year's curriculum is called "Intentional Parenting"
- Meets in New Horizon Christian School, Building C every Wednesday.
Prayers & Praises
Jenny Telford asks for prayers for Danny Welch. Danny lives in Kentucky, severe diabetic on dialysis, on kidney transplant list. He needs all the uplifting prayers. His sister needs prayers also (Katie Welch).
Ruth Kennedy -Sister in Law (Chris) has CMV infection and possible rejection of new lung. Please pray for healing, peace & comfort for Chris.
Virginia Telford: Brandon Mullens needs healing from his surgery and recovery.
Pray for Kent Telford and release from the enemy.
Karen Webb, a family friend of Frankie Brothers. Karen suffered a stroke.
Kathy Nehring's daughter, Corey Sue. Corey is in the hospital and needs a heart transplant.
If anyone would like to send Corey a card while she waits for a compatible heart:
St. Louis Children's Hospital
One Children's Place
7th Floor Heart Center
St. Louis, MO 63110
Please keep Annah Mullins grandmother in prayer. She has MRSA in her spine.
Cindy Tyson - Great Grandson, Gabriel. Gabriel is in the ER in STL. Emergency prayer.
Ruth Kennedy - Brother in Law, Paul, is home with a caregiver. Sister-in-law, Chris, able to have insulin reduced. Chris is now retired and no longer working outside the home (which is a blessing!). Thank you for all your prayers!
Type your new text here.
New Horizon christian school
When ordering from Amazon, please remember to order through amazon smile. If this is new to you, go to Smile.Amazon.com and select New Horizon Christian School for your charity and then turn on through settings in the main menu. Super easy and a great benefit to the school.
NHCS has an opening for a Kindergarten teaching position. Please email your Resume and Letter of Interest to [email protected] or contact the school for more information (618) 533-6910.
- Fall Fest & Pie Baking Competition
- Fairview Park in Centralia
- October 9th, 4-7 pm
- Pie entries Needed! Teams & Individuals accepted
- Vendors Needed
- Celebrate Recovery Centralia
- Click the link for more information.
- Oil Belt Upcoming Events
- Oil Belt Summer Camps Sign-Up now see the flyer below for dates.
- September 2nd-5th Family Camp
- September 8th-Sr. Adult Day 55+
- October 9th-10th Overnight Strange
- Embrace Grace
- Single & Pregnant Support Group
- Meeting weekly for 11 weeks every Sunday from 3-5pm.
- Location: The Well - 801 N. Poplar St., Centralia, IL